You discovered our list of meaningful Happy Boss Day quotes.
Boss Day quotes are messages about leaders you can use in Boss Day cards, speeches, or decorations. For example, “you put the B in big Boss!”. The purpose of these quotes is to show recognition for your boss, manager or leader. National Boss’s Day, also known as Boss Day or Bosses Day, is on October 16.
This article includes:
- boss appreciation quotes
- funny Boss Day quotes
- happy Boss Day messages
- funny boss poems
- what to write in a Boss Day card
Here is the list!
Happy Boss Day!
It goes out without saying that the first message on our list is “Happy Boss Day!”, which is the rough equivalent of “Merry Christmas!” or “Happy Birthday!”
For many bosses, this simple phrase and recognition will be enough. Your boss is used to thinking about everyone else, and trying to keep morale high with recognition for the team’s contributions, work anniversaries, employee appreciation day and similar. This National Boss’s Day you can turn the tables and say, “Happy Boss Day!” as a greeting, at meeting, in a card, or anywhere else too.
You can also say “Happy Bosses Day!”, especially if you have more than one boss 🙂
List of Boss Day quotes
From appreciation quotes to funny jokes, kind words, and gratitude messages, here are phrases that will help you strike the right tone this Bosses Day.
Boss Day appreciation quotes
- Thank you for always seeing the best in us and wanting the best for us.
- I only bring my A-game because I have such an exceptional coach. Thanks for sharing your best plays.
- I’m living proof that you believe, “leave it better than you found it,” because I am so much better for knowing you. Thank you for always championing my growth.
- We see everything you do, and we appreciate you!
- I believe in me because you believe in me. Thank you for the confidence.
- It means a lot that you’re my mentor.
- A card or cake could never express how much you mean to us. Thank you for being our champion, our cheerleader, and our fearless leader.
- Thank you for never letting me settle for less than my best.
- You never gave up faith in me, and never let me give up faith in myself. My perseverance is thanks to you.
- You’re more than our boss. You’re a teacher, a leader, and a motivator. Thank you for being more than who you have to be, and inspiring us to be all we can be.
- Thank you for treating every mistake as a learning opportunity. I’m not afraid to fail; I’m only afraid of failing you.
- Forget a card; I could write a novel, and still would not have enough space to say how wonderful you are. Thank you for everything that you do.
- Your support is the best work perk I can think of. I feel so grateful to be on your team.
- Thank you for being more than my manager, but also my teammate, my teacher, my collaborator, and, on occasion, my therapist.
- On your team, there are no roadblocks, only speedbumps. Happy to be on this journey with you.
- Not only do you lend a hand, but also a sympathetic ear, a shoulder to cry on, a strong backbone, a brilliant mind, and one of the biggest hearts around. We’re thankful for all of you.
- It means so much that you always make time for our questions and concerns.
Boss’s Day funny quotes
- In the immortal words of Carole King & The Gilmore Girls theme song, “Where you lead, I will follow. Anywhere that you tell me to.”
- Feel free to write this out and give this card to your boss.
- Is this a good time to ask for a raise? No? Fine, I’ll settle for cake.
- I’d think you were great even if you weren’t the one writing my performance reviews!
- I would buy you a Rolex if I could. But…bills…so enjoy this card instead!
- Best. Boss. Ever.
- Don’t think we take you for granite. You rock!
- You’re an awesome boss. You’re bossome.
- I fear disappointing you even more than I fear sharks. Or zombies. Or zombie sharks.
- You’re a bad boss. Sorry. Typo. I meant, you’re a badass boss.
- You’re an A.W.F.U.L boss. Awesome, wonderful, funny, understanding, and lovely.
- You put the her in hero! (For a female boss.)
- You put the super in supervisor!
- To the person whose job I never, ever, ever want. Thanks for taking the heat! Happy Boss Day!
- Today may be Boss’s Day, but every day is employees’ day with a boss like you!
Boss’s Day words of encouragement
- “A good leader leads the people from above them. A great leader leads the people from within them.”-M. D. Arnold
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” -Ronald Reagan
- “The task of the leader is to get their people from where they are to where they have not been.” -Henry Kissinger
- “Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “A leader is a person you will follow to a place you would not go by yourself.” -Joel Barker
- “People buy into the leader before they buy into the vision.” -John C. Maxwell
- “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” -Edith Wharton
- “Average leaders raise the bar on themselves; good leaders raise the bar for others; great leaders inspire others to raise their own bar.” -Orrin Woodward
- “To do great things is difficult; but to command great things is more difficult.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
Boss Day kind words
- They say, “people don’t leave bad jobs, they leave bad managers.” I’m not going anywhere, as long as you’re not going anywhere. Glad to work with you, and excited to see what’s next.
- How lucky we are to have a boss who not only has a job to do, but a calling to answer. Your passion inspires us all.
- Boss is a role. A great boss is a role model.
- They say “do what you love, and you’ll never work a day in your life,” but no one tells you, “find a boss you love, and work won’t feel like work.” I can’t imagine my days here without you.
- We’re all better for knowing you.
- You’re more than a boss. You’re an inspiration.
- If one day, I’m half the boss that you are, then I’ll be in good shape.
- I dreamed about my career for years, but in all my fantasies, I never imagined a boss as great as you!
- If you think this card is sweet, then you should hear all the nice things we say about you behind your back!
- You are a Boss with a capital B.
- You deserve the best day, because you are the best boss.
- We know it’s not easy, but you make it look easy.
- A manager who never leaves your side is a manager worth looking up to.
- You never make us say thank you, which makes us want to thank you all the more. To a boss who never demands credit, but deserves so much of it.
- Though you rarely step into the spotlight, you pull the strings and move the scenery so that the show can continue. Today is your day to take a well-deserved bow. Bravo!
There may not be enough words to express just how great your boss is, but the quotes and messages on this list are a good start. By using these phrases as inspiration, you can craft a truly touching sentiment that conveys just how much your boss means to you this Boss’s Day. From “Happy Boss Day” to “You are a Boss with a capital B”, we’ve got you covered.
For more quotes, check out our article on team building quotes.
We also have a list of the best mentoring books.